Monday, July 14, 2008

The Funniest Guild Application Ever

The awesome-tastic ladies of Girls of Elune posted recently about some interesting characters applying to their guild, and it reminded me about the best guild app my guild ever received. Yes, that's me posting this exact thing in their comments. The following was actually posted in our guild-only application forum, and is quite hilarious. It doesn't necessarily apply to Ret Paladins, but it's my blog so I get to do what I want. Don't like it? Tough!

... okay, maybe I'll make it up to you with a Ret-related post later. Please love me!

Character Name: Pancakes
Level: 5 High
Class: Delicious
Spec: YU/MY/UM
Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/gimmesomefuckingpancakes

BT/Hyjal Attunement:
Vashj? yes
Kael? yes
Alar? yes

The following are our raid nights, how often can you attend them?
[Wednesday 7-11 servertime]?: Maple
[Sunday 7-11 servertime]?: Blueberry
[Monday 7-11 servertime]?: Strawberry, too!

Have you installed:

CTraid/oRA?: yes
Omen?: yes
Deadly Boss Mods?: yes

Are you able and willing to use Ventrilo? yes

HEALERS/DECURSERS: Do you understand mouseover targeting? yes

What other guilds have you been in, and why did you leave?
An Ode to Pancakes:
Pancakes are delicious
and if I had three wishes
it would be for some more
stacked ceiling to floor
with a whole bunch of syrup
I would eat them and burrrrup
but I’d say ex-cuse me
so please don’t abuse me
’Cause I mean no harm
I just love when they’re warm
But when they need heatin’
I still can’t stop eating
PANCAKES OMFG GODZ I LURVE THEM SO FARKING MUCHO! PANCAKES!

What is your level of raiding experience on this character?
Pancakes are a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal (…even a salad!) In fact, they’re known as the ”hearty-man’s salad,” and a short-stack should be eaten with every meal (or snack) to ensure proper daily nutritIN MY FACE PUT PANCAKES THERE NOW I MUST HAVE MORE PANCAKEYS IN MY FACE-HOLE! PAAAANCAKES!

Tell us something about yourself, either in-game or IRL, that we wouldn’t think to ask.:
I’m a vegetarian who enjoys yoga, walks on the beach, and origami. If you think we sound like a match, pleasSTICK PANACAKES IN ME BWAAAAAAAAAH PANCAKES PAAAANCAAAKES GIVE ME PANKNKNKNKNCAkSE! POUR DA SYRIP IN MY GODLESS ORIFICES ALL OF WHICH THROUGH I SHALT DEVOUR PANCAKSE!!!oneelventyuno

Common alts to contact?: Flappyjacks (Warlock)

------------------

Now is that pure, unadulterated win or what?

3 comments:

Pike said...

Okay, that is fantastic.

Shwitz44 said...

I laughed so hard when this popped up in our members-only forum section for applications. I read it over twice and doubled over laughing both times.

I think it was posted by one of our shadow priests, Mitzvah. He's got a great sense of humor.

Lin said...

Oh, geeze. Really?

-grin-

I think he gets an A+ for awesomeness.