Friday, July 18, 2008

I hate giving EA more money, but...

... apparently it was confirmed at E3 that Electronic Arts will be producing a Knights of the Old Republic MMO.

Let me run that by you again. EA, in partnership with BioWare and LucasArts, will be developing a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the KotOR universe. If you never played either of the KotOR games, or are not a Star Wars game fan, I can understand how this would not titilate you. For the (in)sanely geeky among us, on the other hand, this is huge news.

The article quotes Riccitiello as saying, "... the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it." When directly asked if this was confirmation of Knights of the Old Republic Online, the executive said simply, "yes".
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I require more information. I hope they do this right. 'Cuz an MMO that does Jedi right that's not Star Wars Galaxies sounds amazingly awesomely amazing. Have I ever mentioned that I love Star Wars/Jedi? Well, I love the Star Wars universe, and especially Jedi lore.

I know this is, again, a non-WoW post. I'm sorry - I've been very busy in that thing called "real life" so I haven't had a chance to play, let alone blog about it. Consider this my solemn vow to get back to WoW/retribution-related posts next week.

But, I'm very truly crazy happy about a KotOR MMO. I shall be keeping a close eye on this development.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I played SWG from Launch and the original game system was so amazing though unfortunately due to the huge learning curve required by the game it never ended up appealing to the masses, unfortnatly when WoW was released SOE tried capitalizing on the gameplay of WOW and tried merging SWG into WOW this was a failure, but it could only get worse and they continued to ignore the cries of the original player base to reverse the CombatUpgrade. If this is yet to be another WOW clone, I'll not be interested, if how ever this game returns to the root of SWG then I'll immediately take it up full time.

The MMO market is full of WOW clones and I have no intentions of playing another game that is a clone of WoW, don't get me wrong WOW has it's place and I do enjoy it, but there has to be more......

Honors Code said...

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

I loved KotOR, and KotOR 2.

This is awesome. Thank you for letting me know about it!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.