Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Evil League of Evil

Well, Joss Whedon is at it again. The creator of TV hit Buffy the Vampire Slayer and cult favorite Firefly collaborated with the awesomeness that is Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion (of Firefly fame), and Felicia Day (of The Guild) to create Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog.

NPH stars as Dr. Horrible, a super-villain struggling to make a name for himself. He has a crush on Day's character, whom he sees at the laundromat frequently. Horrible's arch-nemesis, Captain Hammer (Fillion), mucks things up for our evil doctor, as any superhero should do.

I've watched the first two acts, and the third is set to air (stream?) next week. As with most anything Whedon does, there's a lot of blog buzz out there, so I'm probably late to the table on this one, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I love it. Whedon has a great touch for tongue-in-cheek humor that I savored in Firefly and Serenity. That, and I love watching Fillion and NPH interact, as the two of them portray their characters pretty well. Needless to say, I eagerly await Act III.

I'm interested to hear what others think of Whedon's latest endeavor. Have you watched it? Do you like it? What'cha think?

1 comment:

gfcjgvghbkhn said...

I am a huge fan of the master that is Joss Whedon and having just watched the 2nd installment of Dr Horrible I can say I am soooooooooooo looking forward to watching the third tomorrow. If something doesnt come of this (a series would be my biggest wish) then I will be surprised. Seing him use his always funny and always employed by Joss friend Nathan Fillion as the egotistical Captain Hammer corporate tool is as always a joy, but I will have to say that NPH outshines him. Not having seen him since Doogie Howser I must say he has improved greatly :D
All in all its something that I have no doubt fans of Joss and his previously wonderful creations will be spreading across the net as we type and hopefully give it its due credit.