Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More WotLK Randomness - Seals & Judgements

Both Rohan and Siha are in the Wrath of the Lich King beta, so I'd highly recommend keeping an eye on their blogs for updates concerning the expansion and how it affects paladins. Rohan especially is committed to bringing paladins the latest and greatest from the test servers concerning updated skill mechanics. She recently gave us some juicy new info regarding the new seal & judgement system.

I think, based upon the info with which Rohan is coming to the blogosphere and forum community, that my worries about losing Sanctified Judgement were totally unfounded (yea, duh, I know - I didn't have a complete picture, and I still don't). It seems that Blizzard is completely reworking our combat system - seals and judgements are not linked at all, as there will be separate skills for each seal and judgement. For example, you can activate Seal of Command, and then use Judgement of Wisdom to put the JoW debuff on your target, cause holy damage from SoComm, and all the while keep your seal active without incurring a global cooldown.

Hot diggity damn.

Onto the topic I started that paragraph with, Judgement of Wisdom/Light now scale with AP/Spell power, so as gear gets better, mana gains will increase from JoW. You know how "imba" the scaling is with warlocks and their Life Tap getting more mana back with more spell power? Yea, well now we get to tap into the same mechanic. Increase your AP, get more mana back per swing. Plus, we won't have to re-seal every time we judge, so less mana spent in that department.

Can't wait to see what comes out of the beta next!

3 comments:

Rohan said...

Btw, I'm a guy. "Rohan" is a boy's name. :)

Shwitz44 said...

I coulda sworn that you said you were female on your blog.

Shows what I know. Sorry Rohan!

Shwitz44 said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I know why I thought that.

Whenever you speak about players of WoW in the 3rd person, you refer to them as "her" or "she." I think I've just been assuming that you were female for over year.

And of course, you know what happens when you assume...