Thursday, January 22, 2009

Avenger's Oath

Armor is but a front.

The blade is but a tool.

True strength flows from the Light.

I am a vessel of vengeance, meting out justice and spreading the Light to the darkest corners of the world.

Those that came before me are gone, but their tradition and their vision lives on.

In me.

Their sacrifices will be remembered. Their deaths will be avenged. By my mailed fist, this world will be pulled closer to the Light, and the evils of this age will be swept away. The blood of the fallen has dried, but vengeance still burns as bright as the rising sun.

I am the sword in the darkness.

I am the light that brings the dawn.

I am the shield that guards the realms of men.

Retribution is at hand.

Inspired by Joanadark's "The Guardian" short story, as well as the Oath of the Night's Watch, and the Jedi Code / Sith Code.

3 comments:

Barryhn said...

Just read this, and the piece by Joanadark. I love finding pieces of fiction/writing like thas that just sing of what the paladin is all about.

thanks for posting, I've just posted this (with links back here) to the Paladins section of my guild's forum.

Darraxus said...

I at the end I half expected you to say "I am Darkwing Duck".

Shwitz44 said...

I am the fighter that mashes in the night!
I am the cockroach that refuses to be squished!

Let's get RETRIBUTIVE!