In my daily forum hopping, I was inspired by a post that put Warcraft accomplishments into the language of business to write what follows. I've always been searching for a way to convey my accomplishments in Azeroth in a way that I wouldn't sound like a complete nutcase to a potential employer. However, I think this may be a start -
I'm a paladin class subject matter expert specializing in PvE, specificallyWhat do you think? Might this catch an employer's eye? Or would this get my resume flushed/filed in the circular bin?
talent specialization and PvE raiding. I have served in several organizations as
a paladin "team lead," delegating responsibilities for maximum efficiency and
effectiveness and making on-the-fly strategy changes to ensure maximum benefit
to the overall project.
Other skills & accomplishments:
- Coached and trained others in paladin strategy and skill usage, elevating
some to SME knowledge levels.
- Participated in cutting edge projects in the local server community which
lead to breakthroughs in gear acquisition and bolstered recruiting efforts.
- Served as a guild officer and leader, organizing and leading raid projects
from soup to nuts: managed attendance, delegated compensation "DKP" accrual
tracking, and headed up recruitment efforts across all candidate pipelines
(cross-server, local, and cross-class).
- Founding member and ongoing contributor as a part of a paladin subject
matter online community, specifically for specialized paladin advanced tactics
and strategy as well as basic skills training.
- Currently publishing a periodical online column devoted to paladin
training and development.