I've had a chance to mess around at a base level with the new Art of War talent. I have concluded that it is made of win and I absolutely love it. Consider the following:
- Ret paladins crit a lot.
- Mana is a non-issue with Judgements of the Wise.
- With enormous amounts of strength, ret paladins have a great amount of attack power.
- Sheath of Light converts attack power into spell power.
- Spell power is used to boost healing.
- Crit rating applies to both melee and spell casts.
- Sheath of Light places a HoT on the target after a crit heal.
- Art of War makes Flash of Light instant after a critical attack.
The Sheath of Light - Art of War - Judgements of the Wise holy trinity has completely changed the landscape of solo work and small-scale PvP for ret paladins. I cannot say enough great things about them. Plus, with a scaling Judgement of Light and heals from Divine Storm in addition to frequent and relatively low-mana impact Flash of Lights, and less dependance on Judgement of Wisdom being present, there is the potential for an AMAZING amount of self-healing.
I wonder if I can manage to solo some at-level instance bosses with my current gear.